Throwback Thursday: Lecture notes as art

Do your chalk illustrations look this good? Photo courtesy Baylor College of Medicine Archives.

Before Google images, Power Point, and clip art, professors at Baylor College of Medicine had to be pretty gifted illustrators to make detailed chalk images for their class lectures.

This photo from the 1965 Aesculapian yearbook, courtesy of Baylor College of Medicine Archives, is no exception. This unidentified professor stands in front of some questionable hand-written notes, but exceptional illustrations during a lecture.

Did you have a professor at BCM that was gifted at creating illustrations better fit for the Louvre than the College’s lecture hall? Do you know who this professor pictured is? Let us know in the comment section below.

-By Audrey M. Marks 

4 thoughts on “Throwback Thursday: Lecture notes as art

• Dear Ann, I think we may have met once quite some time ago. My sister Lindsay Hamilton sent me this link. I just want to say that I remember your father Arnold with great pleasure from the two times we met, about 1965 at our home in Virginia, and about 1974 or 75 in Ephraim. He was a wonderful man and it is a delight to see this photograph. With best wishes, Duncan Hamilton

1. This was my grandfather’s younger brother, who emigrated to the United States in 1927, as far as I remember
    Dora Joder Switzerland